Saturday, July 28, 2018

Wall Mounted Hot / Cold Bidet Installation

When winter comes, the cold water temperature drops to painfully cold. A cold-water only bidet is no fun when it's that cold. Since I couldn't find a hot/cold handheld bidet, I had to piece one together.

Here's how it turned out. I know, the faucet is upside down because I wanted the hose to drop straight down. If I really wanted the handle to be rotated 180 degrees, I'd have to take it apart and file the plastic opening wider so the tab could fit. You'd see it if you take it apart.


I lost my man card on this project. I made several mistakes and bought some parts that didn't make it into the final project. But I think the end result is decent. My wife really likes it.

I didn't have much choice on connections since this was wall mounted. If it was in the side of a bathroom cabinet, that would have been much easier. I needed to have a 90 degree swivel elbow, and the only one I could find was for PEX (part UC532LFA in the list below).

Hand-held hot/cold bidet parts list:
$29 Aquaus 360 bidet spray wand only - brass
$17 hand shower hose
$34 Dura Faucet single lever RV shower faucet
$8 Two UC532LFA 1/2 PEX to 1/2 female 90 degree swivel elbow
$3 Two 1/2" PEX to 3/8 compression adapters
$5 set of 1/2" PEX clamps
$2 blue PEX 1/2" pipe
$2 red PEX 1/2 " pipe
$1 scrap board to mount it on

Approximate total cost of materials is $125. What I actually spent was significantly more. But at least I added a tool to my collection - a PEX clamp crimper for $45.

Yes, I tried it out, and I liked it! I don't think I actually lost my man card on this project. I may have just misplaced it. It's probably in my wife's purse - you know, for safe keeping.




No comments:

Post a Comment