Thursday, November 26, 2020

Are Plastic Wheel Chocks Safe?

I went to Wal Mart looking for a wheel chock for my car. I asked an employee where they were because I couldn't find what I was looking for. When he pointed out this one, I knew why I couldn't find it. I was looking for a black rubber one. I had no idea they made plastic wheel chocks. 

I scoffed at the idea and was walking away when I got the idea to test it. I can afford to waste $3.47. So I went back and picked it up. Since they sell these in their automotive section next to the jack stands, I deduced that there were some people that would try to use these on a car. The label says don't use on tires larger than 21 inches. If you have a car with tires 21 inches or less in diameter, you don't have a car. You have a go-kart. 

Besides, would you trust your life getting under a car supported by a plastic wheel chock? Me neither. 

I put the chock in front of my pickup truck and let it roll down the driveway. Check out the results.

 





 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog. Right, wheel chocks are very important for prevent any injury. Want to know about the detailed what is wheel chocks and types of wheel chocks please check the link.

    ReplyDelete